Welcome to GLO
Our purpose is to extend a beacon of reason to those in southeast Michigan who are enthusiastically interested in studying Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism and applying it to the success of their lives. We hold monthly dinner meetings at our house in Redford (just west of Detroit), every 2nd Saturday.
Please join us for GLOCon 2014
Friday–Monday, September 19–22
Reserve your tickets for the conference below. We have two full days of fun and informative presentations, a tour and a cruise, and social gatherings in between. GLO is as friendly as it sounds! If you're interested in reason, individual rights and capitalism, please drop us a line.
The agenda for GLOCon 2014 is finalized!
For those coming in from out of town, if you like, our GLO Peeps have nice, comfortable rooms at their homes.
Don't be shy - we're not! Please contact us if you are interested in going on the cheap!
Otherwise, here are a few hotel options:
• 2.6 Miles — Comfort Inn Plymouth
• 4.6 Miles — Courtyard Livonia
• 4.6 Miles — Detroit Marriott Livonia
We can easily coordinate rides for those flying in as well! We've mapped an overview of locations in Plymouth.
Friday, September 19
• 6:30pm-11pm — Detroit Bus Company Tour, Scofflaws and Speakeasies: Detroit Prohibition Tour.
A few tickets are left — hurry, they go fast.
Saturday, September 20
GLOCon at Plymouth Library
Walldorf/Dunning rooms (divider will be down).
• 10am The Great Airship Race of 1925: Capitalism vs State Enterprise — Karen Minto
• 11am Man the Hero: In New York History — Robert Begley
• 12-12:30pm Lunch
• 12:30-1:30pm What is the Point of Arguing? — Rick Minto
• 1:30-2:30pm Practical Self-Defense for Everyone — Karen Minto
• 2:30-4:30pm The Characters of The Fountainhead and Q&A — Dr. Andrew Bernstein
• 5pm Travel to Detroit!
IMPORTANT: Be sure to specify that you are with the "GLO" party when you purchase your ticket online.
They will seat us together. Also, be sure to bring cash if you'd like drinks — they don't accept plastic.
• 10pm-??? Hangout at Robert & Amy's in Redford
Sunday, September 21
GLOCon-tinued at John's in Plymouth
• 11am Marriage: What, Why, How — Robert Nasir
• 12pm The Kindly Brontosaurus, and other benevolent ways to get what you want — Amy Nasir
• 1pm Lunch
• 2pm Nutritional and Lifestyle Approaches for Optimizing Thyroid Function — Carrie Burdzinski
• 3pm The British Political System — Alexander Vande Berg
• 4pm Lessons from the Front: How to Kick Ass in Politics — Alex Witoslawski
• 5pm-??? Party at John's — Bring your swimsuit for the hot tub! Music, philosophy, dinner, karaoke, lampshades.
Monday, September 22
• 11am — Greenfield Village
We can get some attendees in for FREE — or $12, half off the price! Tour presented by Amy Nasir,
former Historical Presenter. (FYI, Andy and Robert Begley won't be able to make this, but Andy will be
available for dinner.)
Hope to see you there!
Copyright 2014 Great Lakes Objectivists